Monday, August 15, 2011

What Makes Me 'Smiling-Ear-To-Ear' Happy

Most Mondays I really dislike. But today was a pretty damn great Monday. 

First of all, I only had to work 4-6.  I was originally scheduled to work 1:30-6.  Yeah, I don't get those hours back, but it was nice to take a long nap today.

Next thing that made this day so great was a shopping trip that I saved some money on.  And you, YES YOU!!!, get to read about it.

[taking a step back in time]
So here I was Saturday night trying to stack coupons at Walgreens and my plan backfired and they wouldn't accept my coupon.  (I was FUMING when this happened and even spoke to a Manager.)  Anyways, I then posted up on a Facebook wall [Clippin' With Carrie's Website] about this fiasco and the replys were to hand over the manufacture coupon first and then the Walgreens coupon. Thanks to them I got a Magnum Double Caramel Ice Cream Bar for 89 CENTS!!!  (I saved $1.50) 

(I'm doing my favorite dance move right now:  Raising The Roof!!!)

Anyways, my Walgreens shopping trip got even better!!! 

It's that time of the month where I have to go get my new Nuva-Ring.  My copay is $45. (and YES, the ring is SOOOOO worth it)  Also on their website they have a $15 off coupon.  I always have this with me and use it each time, making me pay only thirty bucks. 

So I'm standing there waiting for a turn to get my prescription and I'm playing on my phone when I here someone say," for (my last name) right?"  I look up and it's the hot guy that knows my name AND my car  (Story to come later about the car). LoL  His name tag says it's Austin, so I'm guessing that's his name.  Anyways, I tell him that if the coupon doesn't work then that's fine b/c there is a 6 time 'using it' limit.  He types it in the computer (the only person that I know that is super fast with typing in all the information for this coupon) and then comes and rings me up.  I have my card all ready to swipe to pay and he says "actually for some reason your total is free today".  FREE is one of my favorite words.  I say okay and thanks and leave smiling & grinning ear to ear. 

Now I'm not sure if he did something in the computer to make it free or what, but I got a $45 prescription for FREE + an Ice cream bar for $0.89! 

Naturally when I got to my car I HAD to tell someone about all this and called up Casey. This is her Blog  She could hear the excitment in my voice and was happy for me.  I then told her I was gonna blog about this awesome trip because I was so excited, and so here I am. 

Oh did I mention that I made this trip, from home to Walgreens to back home, in 30 minutes or less???

Oh yeah.  It was a Magnificent Monday for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment